CRA Survey Results Summary
The clinical research industry made big changes to adapt to the operational disruptions of a global pandemic. Today, it’s more exciting and diverse than ever before. With the high level of recent technology adoption, CRIO wanted to learn more about CRA experiences using the CRIO platform.
Between March 16 and March 30, 2022, a third-party market research firm conducted a web-based survey on our behalf. They targeted CRA users who had recently logged into the CRIO system, maintaining the anonymity of the respondents to encourage candid feedback. We received a total of 79 responses, which provided invaluable insights into how CRAs are leveraging technology in this new era of clinical research.
A key revelation from the survey was the high degree of remote monitoring adoption among CRAs. This shift towards a decentralized approach signifies the industry’s resilience and adaptability amidst the challenges posed by the global pandemic. What’s more, CRIO was frequently identified as the primary tool used for this remote monitoring, underscoring our platform’s effectiveness in addressing the evolving needs of the industry.
Other key takeaways from the survey include:
- CRA’s spend most of their time on Source Data Review (SDR), followed closely by Source Data Verification (SDV)
- Most of the time, CRA’s do SDR and SDV simultaneously; Some do SDR first, then do SDV
- Most CRAs agreed that source data is more extensive than eCRF
- Most CRA’s have done risk-based monitoring that specified less than 100% SDV required
- CRIO’s EDC model could generate up to 46% time savings
These findings validate CRIO’s commitment to providing an intuitive and powerful tool that resonates with the daily needs of CRAs. For a more comprehensive understanding of the survey results, and to gain deeper insights into the ways technology is redefining the clinical research landscape, download the CRIO’s 2022 CRA Survey summary to learn more.